Resurfacing Planned for Lake Ontario State Parkway from Route 19 to Payne Beach Road
-The New York State Department of Transportation is planning a resurfacing project along the Lake Ontario State Parkway (LOSP), from Route 19 in Hamlin to Payne Beach Road in Parma, all in northwestern Monroe County. Construction is expected to begin in the spring or summer of 2017 and be completed by the fall of 2017. Traffic will be maintained on-site utilizing lane closures, and access to all cross-road intersections will be maintained during construction.
The project will include the following work:
- Asphalt repairs to particular areas of the existing pavement on the Parkway.
- Heat scarifying or milling of the existing pavement surface of the Parkway.
- Asphalt resurfacing of the travel lanes and shoulders.
- Add “Wrong Way” highway signs at all the intersections of the project.
- Replace pavement markings on the entire roadway, and install rumble strips on the shoulder areas of the highway.
If you have any questions, please contact Dan Schwind, Project Design Engineer, at (585) 272-3368 or by email at Daniel.Schwind@dot.ny.gov.