Storm and Related Emergency Information
Power Outages - Questions regarding power outages should be directed to RGE - Customer service 800-743-2110. Information is also available on their website at http://www.rge.com/outages/outageinformation.html
Downed Wires - If wires are down, residents should not touch them. RG&E advises that if there is immediate danger with sparking wires, call 911. If no sparks are observed, residents should contact RG&E at 1-800-743-1702.
Oxygen Stations - EMS stations will be open for residents in need of oxygen. Patients who have lost power and oxygen equipment functionality, and cannot reach their oxygen provider, may go to one of the following locations(this information was relevant to the March 2017 wind storm residents should contact location to confirm availability if for another time period):
- Perinton Ambulance – 1400 Turk Hill Rd, Fairport, NY 14450
- Gates Ambulance – 1001 Elmgrove Rd, Gates, NY 14624
- Greece Ambulance – 867 Long Pond Rd, Rochester, NY 14612
- Residents are encouraged to bring their oxygen equipment to the stations whenever possible. Oxygen equipment and supplies are also available for residents who do not have their own.
If Monroe County Office of Emergency Management declares a State of Emergency; shelter will be available at locations that they have designated. If you are in a situation where you may need shelter tonight and cannot make alternate arrangements, Monroe County is asking that those seeking shelter should contact the Red Cross at 585-241-4400. Specific questions regarding the shelter should be referred to the American Red Cross.
Town Hall Park – Per the Director of Parks and Recreation the public is urged to stay out of the trails and disc golf course right now. (this information was relevant to the March 2017 wind storm)
Storm Damage Debris – The Highway Department requests that limbs be placed at the roadside using the criteria for the Spring and Fall pickups as noted below (this information was relevant to the March 2017 wind storm residents should contact the Highway Department 392-9464 to confirm availability for another time period):
- LIMBS MUST NOT BE LARGER THAN 6” IN DIAMETER
- SHOULD BE STACKED NEATLY WITH THE LARGE ENDS TOWARD THE ROAD
- ROOT STUMPS SHOULD REMOVED & BE PLACED IN A SEPARATE PILE, NOT COMBINED WITH BRUSH.
- ALL PILES SHOULD BE FREE OF DIRT, ROCKS, LUMBER, & METAL.